Chae rin or popularly known as CL is a South Korean Singer, she is the Leader of south Korean Girl Group “2NE1″.
Her charismatic and strong personality both on and off stage makes her more than deserving to become the leader of the group. She is famously known as the girl who can rap. Cl is also noted for her writing skills in which she wrote her rapping part for most of the song.
CL was born in Seoul, South Korea. In her childhood, she traveled frequently with her family, because of her father’s occupation. She spent much of her youth in Japan, France and USA. When she came back to Korea, she barely knew any Korean, but said in an interview shown on 2NE1 TV that she is now most comfortable speaking Korean. CL was raised as a Roman Catholic. CL became a YG Trainee in late 2006, contributing to various Big Bang albums and officially part of the YG family in late 2007.
She is fluent in Korean, English, Japanese , and French.
She has featured in “The Leaders” by G-Dragon as well as “Kiss” for fellow member Sandara; she also has a joint single with Minzy titled “Please Don’t Go”.
- Real Name: Lee Chae Rin (이채린)
- Stage Name : CL
- Position: Leader, Rapper, Vocal
- Date of Birth: February 26, 1991
- Height : 162 cm
- Blood-type : A
- Religion : Catholic
- Specialties: French, English, Japanese
- Experiences :
- CF 2009 March – LG Cyon Lolipop
- 2008 October – YMGA [Made in R.O.K.] WHAT
- 2008 July – Uhm Junghwa [D.I.S.C.O] DJ
- 2007 November – Bigbang [HOT ISSIUE] HOT ISSUE
- 2009 July – MBC Music Core, Mnet – Uhm Junghwa [D.I.S.C.O] DJ
- 2007 December – SBS Music Festival – Freedom&Soul with YGFamily
- She was featured on two Big Bang songs “We Belong Together” and “Forever With You” in 2006.
- Sandara Park is a Korean who once starred in movies and television shows in the Philippines.
- Gong Min Ji or Minzy is the youngest member of South Korean Girl Group “2NE1” of YG Entertainment. she is famously known as the granddaughter of one of Korean’s famous dancer, Gong Ok Jin.